We want to make this race as fun as possible, so we’ve identified what we think is a good representation of our athlete pool and created rider categories:
- Pro/Open: This category is for pro riders and very experienced enduro racers. Riders will be eligible for cash awards but no in-kind product.
- Vet Expert: This category is for 35+ years old, highly competitive, but not professional level riders. Riders will be awarded in-kind product prizes.
- Expert: This category is for highly competitive, but not professional level riders. Riders will be awarded in-kind product prizes.
- Amateur: This category is for experienced mountain bikers with limited to no enduro racing experience. Riders will be awarded in-kind product prizes.
- Junior: This category is for experienced mountain bikers with limited to no enduro racing experience, ages 13 – 18
Vet Expert Men—35+
Vet Expert Women—35+
- It is the rider’s responsibility to accurately assess which category they should select while registering. Riders can not change their race category after registration.
- If a racer notices their category designation is incorrect at race packet pick-up. It is the rider’s responsibility to notify the registration manager immediately before the race begins to correct the situation.
- Pro and experienced riders are discouraged from registering as Amateurs in order to provide a fair and enjoyable playing field for all athletes.
2018 Cash Purse
$5,000 cash will be awarded to the Pro/Open category at each stop.
We believe that men and women are created equal and are proud to offer the same race experience for each group. The Pro/Open men and women will race for an equal cash purse with the winners each taking home a big check and a sweet trophy. The cash purse is as follows:
Pro/Open Men & Women Divisions
- 1st – $1,000
- 2nd – $750
- 3rd – $500
- 4th – $150
- 5th – $100
Back for the third season, Vittoria is sponsoring a prime, the Vittoria Bolt, at each race location for the fastest downhill time of a designated stage. $100 will be awarded to the fastest male and female of that stage.
Expert, Veteran, Amateur and Junior racers will also be awarded in-kind product from our amazing sponsors.