Updated 6/11 – 1:40 pm
Backcountry Day – Saturday, June 10, 2017:
Day 1’s backcountry course kicks off at the Greenbelt Trail System
Three stages for ALL divisions will take place on the Elliott Barker Trails
Resort Day – Sunday, June 11, 2017:
Day 2’s resort course takes place at Angel Fire Bike Park.
- Four stages for ALL divisions
*Please note: Due to the nature of the trails, Angel Fire Bike Park recommends all riders wear a full face helmet on resort day.
Awards scheduled for 2:30 p.m.
- There will be no race-day registration on Saturday, June 10.
- In order to change categories, you must do so at the athlete meeting on Friday, June 9. No race-day category changes will be permitted.
- If you have to pick up your race plate on Saturday, please arrive an hour before your scheduled start time.
Division Start Times
Athletes will depart from the road by the grocery store to transfer to Stage 1 at their division start times. Athletes must park up at the resort, as there is no parking near the grocery store.
8:00 a.m. – Open Women field departs
8:20 a.m. –Expert Women field departs
8:40 a.m. – Vet 35+ field departs
9:00 a.m. –Amateur Men field departs
9:20 a.m. –Junior Boys field departs
9:40 a.m. –Amateur Women field departs
*Race day schedule subject to change.
Aid Stations: Aid stations for Day 1 will be located at the top of the climb on stage 1, and the bottom of stage 3.
Athletes will depart from the main lift at the base of the Angel Fire Bike Park to transfer to Stage 1 at their division start times.
7:45 a.m. – Open Women field departs
8:00 a.m. –Expert Women field departs
8:15 a.m. – Vet 35+ field departs
8:30 a.m. –Amateur Men field departs
8:45 a.m. –Junior Boys field departs
9:00 a.m. –Amateur Women field departs
Aid Stations: There will be limited water at the top of each stage on Day 2. Between stages, athletes will have access to water at the base area, their cars, and at the resort.
Awards scheduled for 2:30 p.m.
-Each day after the race concludes there will be a free lunch for all athletes. You must have your food and beer voucher to redeem your food/beer. Note** lunch will be served at the Summit House, up the mountain. Every athlete should have received a free lift ticket to ride the chairs to grab lunch.
– On Sunday, there will be a raffle followed by awards at the race base area.
– Spectators are welcome and encouraged to join the event festivities.
– Spectators and athletes may view live timing results throughout the race on ItsYourRace.com and the ItsYourRace App.
Enduro World Series
The Angel Fire, NM race is an Enduro World Series qualifier stop. All athletes who want to earn Enduro World Series (EWS) points must purchase an Enduro Mountain Bike Association (EMBA) membership BEFORE competing in an Enduro Cup event. Please note points will not be awarded retroactively if memberships are purchased after the races.
Memberships can be purchased HERE.
- Pro/Open Men
- Pro/Open Women
- Vet Expert Men 35+
- Vet Expert Women 35+
- Expert Men
- Expert Women
- Amateur Men
- Junior Boys – Under 18
- Amateur Women
- Junior Girls – Under 18
Pro/Open Men & Women Divisions:
- 1st – $1,000
- 2nd – $750
- 3rd – $500
- 4th – $150
- 5th – $100
BACK FOR 2017! Vittoria Bolt: awarded to the fastest downhill time of a designated stage at each stop. One male and one female racer will win the prime awarding each a $100 cash prize.
The Angel Fire stage for the Vittoria Bolt Prize will be Stage 7 on Day 2
All riders are responsible for knowledge of all rules and timing. For rules, complete rules, click HERE. If you are not able to attend the rider’s meeting, prepare to come early and reach out to MSI staff at the start/finish area headquarters with any questions.
Day 1 – Backcountry
– Lifts will be spinning Thursday, June 8 and Friday, June 9 for pre-riding.
– Athletes looking to pre-ride the resort on Friday will have to pay full price for a lift ticket.
– Angel Fire Bike Park invites all season pass holders from any bike park in the world to receive 50% off their standard day ticket prices.
– Athletes looking to pre-ride the resort after racing on Saturday can purchase a lift ticket for $24.50.
Enduro Cup Lodge Rates
Standard Double Queen or Standard King: $112/night + tax
Enduro Cup Condo Rates
1 Bedroom Condo (Sleeps 4): $112/night + tax (cleaning fee: $72/condo + tax)
2 Bedroom Condo (Sleeps 6): $152/night + tax (cleaning fee: $83/condo + tax)
3 Bedroom Condo (Sleeps 8): $192/night + tax (cleaning fee: $100/condo + tax)
*Rates honored 3 days pre & post stay
LODGING RESERVATIONS: Guests may reach central reservations by calling 800-633-7463 and requesting the “SCOTT Enduro Cup” discounted lodging rate.
Enduro Cup and Ride Sun Valley merchandise will be sold on site in Angel Fire. Stop by the registration tent to upgrade your kit.
Angel Fire Clinics
The SCOTT Enduro Cup presented by Vittoria invites intermediate to advanced mountain bikers to join us for clinics designed to tune up skills and learn the secrets of racing enduro. Each clinic will be held the day before the SCOTT Enduro Cup events. Clinics will include topics such as positioning and technique and will be followed by a group ride with skills demonstrations taught by pro men and women.
Date: Friday, June 9, 2017
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Where: Angel Fire Resort
Cost/Registration: $30 includes lift ticket
- Work on technical skills/preview sections of the Angel Fire course
- Cost: $30 (this includes a lift ticket)
Still Need to Register? Click HERE
You know you want to.