2018 MOAB ATHLETE INFORMATION
Updated 5/4/2018 – 7:30 PM, Updates in red
Download the official start list HERE.
FRIDAY, MAY 4—CHECK IN
—Athlete check-in/registration is at Chile Pepper Bike Shop in downtown Moab from 2-6 p.m.
—Athlete meeting is at Chile Pepper Bike Shop at 6 p.m. It is HIGHLY recommended you attend this for up-to-date information and possible changes to the below schedule.
—Important: Equipment marking stickers will be provided to ensure the use of only one frame, fork and pair of wheels for each competitor. ALL bike marking stickers must be placed on the Rider’s RIGHT-HAND side of the bike. Each rider is responsible for picking up stickers at packet pickup. Stickers will be checked at the beginning of each stage. See official rules for more info.
- Thank you all for selling out Moab in record time! There will be no race-day registration on Saturday, May 5. If you would like to be added to the waitlist, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please only add your name to the waitlist if you plan on being in Moab this weekend. Athletes on the waitlist will be permitted into the race at the riders meeting if space is available. Athletes on the waitlist must be present at the riders meeting to be accepted into the race.
- In order to change categories, you must do so at the athlete meeting. No race-day category changes will be permitted.
- If you must pick up your race plate on Saturday, May 5, please arrive one hour before your scheduled start time.
SATURDAY, MAY 5—RACE DAY NOTES
—If you were unable to make the athlete meeting, check in with friends and check this page to see if there were any updates to the race day schedule. Please remember cell phone reception is spotty.
—Racer parking will be located in the SOUTH parking lot for Klondike Bluffs. Please try to carpool in order to limit cars at the trailhead.
—Racers will start the first stage in bib order. Start lists will be uploaded after the rider meeting. The top 10 athletes from 2017 overall results will be placed first in each division, then bibs will be assigned randomly.
—Riders can mix and mingle after the first stage and during transfers but must stay within their division.
—Riders must use the original holes on their plate and make sure the chip does NOT touch the stem or bars directly.
—The race will be followed by a wood-fired pizza truck lunch, Sierra Nevada beer and awards.
—Spectators are welcome and encouraged to join the event festivities. The slickrock trails provide a large area for spectators to view racers on each stage, while staying safe. Spectators are reminded to exercise caution while moving around the venue during the race.
—Members of the media should reach out to email@example.com for more information on shooting the race.
—Spectators and athletes may view live timing results throughout the race on ItsYourRace.com and the ItsYourRace App. Download the app for iOS and Android.
From Moab, all turns will be marked prominently with Enduro Cup signage. Map below:
—Head North on Highway 191 for approximately 16.5 miles after the bridge. There is a turn on the East Side of the road here for Klondike Bluffs, and the turn will be marked with Enduro Cup signage). If you get to the airport you’ve gone too far.
—Turn right on 142/Klondike Bluffs Rd (this turn will be marked—please keep an eye out for Enduro Cup directional signage).
—Continue East for 2.6 miles, staying LEFT at the fork in the road (follow Enduro Cup directional signage).
—The expo area will be directly ahead. Signage and staff will direct you where to park. PLEASE park neatly and with other riders in mind. There will be a lot of people trying to park.
KLONDIKE BLUFFS COURSE INFO
—Three timed stages for Amateur and Junior categories, descending approximately 2,400 vertical feet.
Click map to open high res PDF
- Pro/Open Men
- Pro/Open Women
- Vet Expert Men 35+
- Vet Expert Women 35+
- Expert Men
- Expert Women
- Amateur Men
- Junior Boys – Under 18
- Amateur Women
- Junior Girls – Under 18
RACE DAY SCHEDULE*
- 6:30 a.m. – Pro/ Open Men field departs parking lot
- 6:50 a.m. – Expert Men field departs
- 7:10 a.m. – Vet Expert Men field departs
- 7:30 a.m. – Pro/ Open Women field departs
- 7:45 a.m. – Expert / Vet Expert Women field departs
- 8:05 a.m. – Amateur Men field departs
- 8:30 a.m. – Junior Men field departs
- 9:00 a.m. – Amateur / Junior Women field departs
- 11:00 a.m. – Wood fired pizza lunch begins and beer garden opens
- 4:30 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. – Awards Ceremony
Download the official start list HERE.
*Race day schedule subject to change. Last year start times were moved up to avoid high temperatures. Check this page for race day updates.
Pro/Open Men & Women Divisions:
- 1st – $1,000
- 2nd – $750
- 3rd – $500
- 4th – $150
- 5th – $100
BACK FOR 2018! Vittoria Bolt: awarded to the fastest downhill time of a designated stage at each stop. One male and one female racer will win the prime, awarding each a $100 cash prize.
The Moab stage for the Vittoria Bolt will be Stage 3
–There is no on-site camping at the Klondike Bluffs trailhead, but there is dispersed camping nearby and established campsites around Moab.
–For more information on where to stay, visit Discover Moab.
We’ve seen crazy storms roll in the last three years at Moab. Please plan accordingly.
Rules have been updated for 2018. All riders are responsible for knowledge of all rules and timing. For complete rules, click HERE. If you are not able to attend the rider’s meeting, prepare to come early and reach out to Enduro Cup staff at the start/finish area with any questions.
Enduro Cup merchandise will be sold on site in Moab. Stop by the registration tent to update your kit.