We want to make this race as fun as possible, so we’ve identified what we think is a good representation of our athlete pool and created rider categories:
NEW! Updated Junior divisions
Enduro Cup always strives to create a fair competition environment. Based on junior athlete feedback, we’ve created two junior categories – U18 and U15. Junior athletes that have already registered for a 2018 race have been automatically assigned to either group based on their age. Those who have not registered will have the option to pick either category based on their age ON RACE DAY. If U15 riders wish to compete in U18 for the remainder of the season, they are welcome to. Please email our registration manager if you have been assigned to U15 but would like to race up. Additionally, riders can switch categories at packet pickup before each race.
- Pro/Open: This category is for pro riders and very experienced enduro racers. Riders will be eligible for cash awards but no in-kind product.
- Vet Expert: This category is for 35+ years old, highly competitive, but not professional level riders. Riders will be awarded in-kind product prizes.
- Expert: This category is for highly competitive, but not professional level riders. Riders will be awarded in-kind product prizes.
- Amateur: This category is for experienced mountain bikers with limited to no enduro racing experience. Riders will be awarded in-kind product prizes.
- U18: Must be under 18 years of age to qualify. Riders under 18 are eligible to compete in the Expert or Pro/Open categories if skilled accordingly.
- U15: Must be under 15 years of age to qualify. Riders under 15 are eligible to compete in the U18 category if they desire.
Vet Expert Men—35+
Vet Expert Women—35+
- It is the rider’s responsibility to accurately assess which category they should select while registering. Riders can not change their race category after registration.
- If a racer notices their category designation is incorrect at race packet pick-up. It is the rider’s responsibility to notify the registration manager immediately before the race begins to correct the situation.
- Pro and experienced riders are discouraged from registering as Amateurs in order to provide a fair and enjoyable playing field for all athletes.
2018 Cash Purse
$5,000 cash will be awarded to the Pro/Open category at each stop.
We believe that men and women are created equal and are proud to offer the same race experience for each group. The Pro/Open men and women will race for an equal cash purse with the winners each taking home a big check and a sweet trophy. The cash purse is as follows:
Pro/Open Men & Women Divisions
- 1st – $1,000
- 2nd – $750
- 3rd – $500
- 4th – $150
- 5th – $100
Back for the third season, Vittoria is sponsoring a prime, the Vittoria Bolt, at each race location for the fastest downhill time of a designated stage. $100 will be awarded to the fastest male and female of that stage.
Expert, Veteran, Amateur and Junior racers will also be awarded in-kind product from our amazing sponsors.